Friday 19 October 2012

Lael Creates..what?

Mostly havoc but I like to try my hand at other things too.

Let me tell you a story.

I'm an almost forty year old woman in the the tail end years
of responsible motherhood.

That is to say I am in the tail end of being responsible for
the fruit of my loins. (I'm not entirely grown up enough to
be labelled responsible ) My first child has grown up and
moved away, my second is just three years away from
doing the same. I have close to no formal education and
no skills that translate well into the work force. A place
I'm going to be heading for soon, it would seem.

It would seem because my husband is growing a wee bit
tired of watching me play Lady of Leisure.

I can understand. It's a big stressful job supporting a
household on your own and just think of all the things we could
do with double income and no kids?!

He can't wait to be a D.I.N.K (sometimes I think he's already
there) and I kinda like the idea of it too so here I am, looking
for work.

Sure I could look in the wanted ads or check out the
government job website but the thought of an ordinary job makes
me want to poke myself in the eye.

Repeatedly.

It looks like I'm going to have to create my own job. A job perfect
for me.

But what the hell is that?! I have no clue where to start.
What do I like? It's hard to narrow it down to just one thing and I keep
getting stuck in the details.

I came across an article about realising your dream job and found that the
first step was to have clarity about what you love to do. Exactly my problem.
No clarity but I decided I'd better get some so I meditated on the subject
-for about ten minutes but have you ever noticed how when you want quiet,
noises seem so much louder than usual?-and came up with a short list:

Have fun
Create

There may or may not have been something in there about helping others and
inspiring people but..eh..my ego likes that too much so I crossed them off. I'm
trying to live through spirit rather than ego these days.

ANYWAY!

I have no idea how those two ideas are going to lead to a job that's fulfilling and
produces large amounts of money but hey you never know until you try. I do
know that one needs to start heading in the direction of their intention and that is
what this blog is about.

Heading toward creation and having fun along the way!

PS. Honestly I'm too dorky to create any real havoc. I just like
to pretend I'm a bad ass. Play along, OK?

2 comments:

  1. You are at an exciting stage in your life! I look forward to reading more about what you decide to do and what awaits you on the way.

    I have added a link to your blog on my page so I remember to drop by regularly and see how you're doing.

    All the best to Canada from England,

    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Nadia!
    Thanks for your great enthusiasum and encouragement!
    Can you see me waving from ALberta? :)

    ReplyDelete