Monday 29 October 2012

On The Needles In October

When I was in Nanaimo BC in September, I made
my way into a sweet little yarn shop-Mad About Ewe
where the very kind staff set me up with a project for
the ride home.

I bought the softest wool- Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted
and I am in LOVE with the stuff !
It's glorious to work with and I'm having fantasies about
wrapping my soon to be completed scarf around my neck.
Soon to be in the works are a hat and gloves. Told you I was in
love with the stuff!
Almost done :)


The other project I've got going on is a bit more painful.
I'm knitting a baby kimono out of an acrylic yarn.
I love the colour but the feel is not as soft and my poor
fingers are sore from the smaller needles and difference
in texture. It will make a good outer wear sweater though
so I shall carry on!


I've completed one front side and am working on the second.
It's easy work but time consuming, all those tiny stitches and
I'm going to make sure that my next knit project is in something
chunky!

I may have to give my poor arms a break though and chose a
non knit project but that's OK because I have an idea list a mile
long I swear...Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Oo, Lorna's Laces is nice! I've not knit with it yet, but I have aquished it while browsing in yarn shops. I like quite a few of the colourways too.

    By the way, I did find a cushion insert and it is waiting here for me to cut the fabric. I tidied up the table yesterday morning for that purpose, but by evening the table was cluttered again without me having actually done any cutting. Hm...

    ReplyDelete